The 2005 Food Hygiene Regulations (Northern Ireland) apply to all food businesses. For the purpose of the regulations “Food Business” means any undertaking carrying out any or all of the following operations, namely, Preparation, processing, manufacturing, packaging, storing, transportation, distribution, handling or offering for sale or supply of food.
Any premises used by food premises should comply with Regulation No. 852/2004. This regulation states that windows and other openings (e.g.doors) which can be opened to the outside environment must where necessary be fitted with “Insect proof screens” which can be easily removed for cleaning. Where unscreened open windows would result in the contamination of foodstuffs they must remain closed and fixed during food production.
It falls upon the Environmental Health Office (EHO) to enforce the Food Hygiene Regulations. When their officers are inspecting food premises they will be checking to ensure suitable insect proof screens have been fitted where necessary.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Emerald Flyscreens is a caring company and follows the 2000 Health and Safety at Work Regulations (Northern Ireland). We follow systems of work that are practical, safe and without risk to health. Risk Assessments and Method Statements can be supplied for specific jobs upon request.
When used under normal wear and tear conditions, materials and workmanship are guaranteed for 12 months. (Mesh is not guaranteed)
OBTAINING A QUOTE
Emerald Flyscreens operate a system of providing an individual quotation for each customer enquiry.
• Tell us your name, the name of the company or business you represent and whether you require the ‘supply only’ or the ‘supply and fit’ service.
- If you request ‘supply only’ tell us the type and size of screen required. Please note all work is measured in millimetres
- If you request, ‘supply and fit’ it may be necessary for us to make an on-site survey to determine the details required.
- We will aim to email you back a written quotation within one working day of receiving these details.
PLACING AN ORDER
Orders should be placed in writing either by email or letter. Please give full delivery/installation address and contact details together with quotation date and agreed price.
Payments should be made in sterling either by:
- Cheque made payable to ‘Emerald Flyscreens’
- BACS direct credit payment. Please contact our office for details on how to pay by BACS.
The business of Emerald Flyscreens falls outside the scope of the C.I.S. and all payments should be made gross. Our VAT registration number is 617 5498 13.
For further information on any of the above topics please contact us